I just gotta put a disclaimer that this is by no means a way to tell you what to do. These are just little thing that I have picked up over time to show love to me and make me feel good about myself… I mean, If I don’t… how can I love another?
THE POWER OF LIFE AND DEATH IS IN THE TONGUE…
- TALK TO GOD: Most people think you need to go through some ritual to get to GOD ALMIGHTY IN HIS HUGE THRONE, but Jesus himself said that He is a friend that sticks closer than a brother. Meditating on that alone made me understand that I could talk to God the same way I talk to my friend and that really boosted my communication with him. Funny enough it could be about the most trivial thing or a really huge burden. But it helps when you can take a load off. Thing is, I learnt that I could talk to God while I’m cooking, having a shower or just relaxing. HE IS A FRIEND…right?
- TALK TO YOURSELF: Now this is not to make you look like you’ve gone mental. I talk to myself to instil positivity into my spirit, speak life into myself, my mind, my health and my perspective towards life. Cultivating this habit over time makes you focus on just how beautiful you are and all the potential you have inside of you. The benefits are endless.
- TALK TO YOUR ENVIRONMENT: Again, this is not to make you seem like you’ve gone nuts, but when you speak to your environment, you are creating the world you want to live in. You may not see it but believe that your words have power. Your environment affects the way you feel, the people around you and how they interact with you. When you create the world you want around you, you see that things fall in favour for you and you feel better about yourself. This then transfers to how you treat those around you and how they reciprocate the love in return.
- TREAT YOURSELF: Treating yourself has a boost on your brain…you know… a little R&R, a little pick-me-up. It doesn’t have to be expensive… could just be buying that perfume, wearing matching lingerie… A friend called me extra because I bought wine and lit vanilla scented candles just to see a movie on NETFLIX. But that was a treat to myself because I felt good about it.
- TREAT YOUR TEMPLE: I picked up going to the gym last month and to keep myself motivated, I made it a point to attend the free classes on a daily. I also got on some skin care regiment after visiting the dermatologist. Loving the skin you’re in doesn’t have to dig a hole in your pocket. You could add more water intake, reduce sugar intake, shower twice a day… There are so many little ways to take care of your temple. I may have to make a list of it.
- SAVE: I’m not talking about savings in the bank… that is another story. I have the little tin I put in little coins like £1 and £2. Trust me when I say it goes a long way. I’ve used those savings to pay my flight ticket once and bought a laptop at another time. You would never realise just how much you could save if you don’t always buy that ice-cream or that chocolate cookie.
TRUTH IS WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL, BUT IT TAKES YOU LOVING YOURSELF TO SEE JUST HOW BEAUTIFUL YOU ARE
There are a million and one other ways to love yourself but these are the simplest and everyday habits that can boost how you see yourself. Start with one day, and a week and a month… see how different you feel about yourself.
Your thoughts are very much appreciated…